2 Read the Writing Strategy. Then choose three phrases from exercise 1 to complete the email below. (More than one
answer is possible.)
when .. you at work yesterday? - i .. there at 8 o’clock.my brother . not ill now.i .. not in kyiv now. i .. in london.all my family ..will at home tomorrow.when he .. young, he was a pilot.she is a good student.where were you last friday? – i was at the cinema.nick was ill last month.where is your father now? i think he will not be a doctor.
1. they are happy because their child has entered the university.
2. it was great to see her last week
3/ sorry i have not phoned you earlier.
4/ he was very sorry to hear that you had not come in time.
5. whenever i drive past that restaurant, there always are a lot of people.
6. have you ever been to an open-air concert ?
7. my parents were angry because i had not passed my exam.
8. his brother told him that he ate all the fruit which he had bought.
9. at this time two weeks ago we were lying on the beach.
10. beth became pale when she heard the news
11. i was not impressed with his new car when i saw it yesterday.
12. the aztecs was an american indian tribe who lived in mexico.
13. yesterday when i looked out of my window, i saw that my children were running in the garden.
14. i was sure he always was your best friend
15. janet never takes part in the concerts
16. when she came home, her son was having supper.
17. i had read all the articles before mother came
my friend is not big. he is nice.he is brave and strong. he isn't lazy. his nose is short. his eyes are dark. he can run and sing.he can count and play chess well. he likes milk and cabbage . but he doesn't like ham and banana. we go to school together.
1c 2f 3a 4e 5h 6b 7g 8d
1 have 2 took 3 a 4 had 5 lose 6 with 7 as 8 once
1 deal 2 take 3 rest 4 weight 5 temperature 6 result 7 twice